Thursday, May 1, 2014

A terrifying...I mean, friendly reminder from Mother Angelica



I have been calling this image to mind quite often. Almost every day, I wonder whether we are truly answering God's call. Are we really supposed to go on mission? Is this all a terrible mistake? What will everyone think if this endeavor comes crashing down like all our other plans?

I have sought the counsel of several wise Christians on the matter. If I understand them correctly, as long as we are responding out of love, then God will lead us to where He wants us to be.

So, here we go again. I'm selling our unnecessary furniture out from under us, and my dear inlaws have graciously invited us to stay with them after our lease ends. We are still in conversation with our mission director to decide where we will go, but he assures me we will find a good match. Could all this fall apart? Definitely. Will it? No idea. I hope not. Wesley and I have prayed long and hard on this, and still feel strongly called to this mission despite the many challenges.

Last night, I called to mind part of Mother Catherine McCauley's suscipe: My God, I am yours for time and eternity. Teach me to cast myself into the arms of your loving Providence.

Life in Christ is certainly an adventure. May we remember that what the world sees as failure might be exactly what God uses to fold us into His embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment